Exhibit Hall Space
The Charleston Area Convention Center offers 77,000 sq. ft. of Exhibit Hall space that is divisible into three separate exhibit areas with spacious Prefunction Areas. The layout is a perfect setting for high-energy trade-shows, large conventions, and more intimate meetings and events. Located just minutes from the Charleston International Airport and a short shuttle ride to the Historic District, this unique campus offers everything you need to make your event both memorable and successful. The Charleston Area Convention Center campus is owned by the City of North Charleston and includes the North Charleston Coliseum and the North Charleston Performing Arts Center. The Coliseum, Performing Arts Center and Convention Center are managed by ASM Global.
Below is your one-stop-shop filled with event resources that will be helpful in planning your event in the Exhibit Halls – ranging from floor plans, service order forms, service contacts and more!
- 77,000 Square Feet of Exhibit Hall space.
- 30’ ceiling height to beams.
- Exhibit Halls are divisible into three sections with access to Pre-Function space.
- Built-in concession area for each separate Exhibit Hall when divided.
- Floor Boxes provide Utilities, Audio Visual & Communication.
- Metal halide and dimmable quartz lighting is available in all Exhibit Halls.
- Spacious Prefunction & Registration areas.
- Convenient (9) Loading Docks with (2) loading ramps accessible into Exhibit Halls.
- Complimentary public WiFi in Prefunction Area.
- Just steps away from Embassy Suites Hotel, Ballrooms and Meeting Rooms.
Exhibit Hall Resources and Information
All exhibitors loading in and out of the facility must utilize the loading dock located at the rear of the Charleston Area Convention Center off of Montague Avenue. Parking in front of the building and using the lobby to load/unload is strictly prohibited and vehicles can be towed at the owner’s expense. Once exhibitors have unloaded all materials from their vehicle, vehicles should then be moved to Parking Lot E prior to booth set-up. Prior to load-out no exhibitors will be allowed into the loading dock until the specified load-out time period, unless approval has been given through show management and the facility. Parking in the loading dock areas excep
Exhibitor booth rigging shall be arranged through the facility’s Union staff. The Center may prohibit the rigging of any item(s) not approved in advance or not in compliance with the approved request for rigging. A rigging plot must be submitted for approval by the facilities no later than 4 weeks prior to the designate load-in date. All rigging must comply with appropriate Federal and State regulations. Please see the Service Order Form above for further instructions and labor rates.
Sodexo Catering can provide catering services as well as provide concession services for the Exhibit Halls.
Within the Exhibit Halls for consumer trade shows, expositions or other events, PRX Exposition Services is the preferred, non-exclusive decorating company in the Exhibit Hall. Event groups may choose their own event drayage company of their choice.
The Facility Parking System has exclusive rights to parking on premises. Parking is an additional cost to the event at $10 per car, per day. In some instances the parking lot has been bought out by the show and in those cases parking will be free. Please check with your show’s management regarding parking fees. For more information about parking rates and guidelines, please contact Facility Parking at (843) 554-3887.
All booth services and equipment related to drapery, tables, chairs, booth cleaning, booth carpet, display installation, etc. are handled by the Expo Decorator contracted through the show. Please contact them directly to make arrangements for any of these services. Freight and C.O.D. deliveries (including, but not limited to, UPS, FedEx, RPS, etc.) will not be accepted by the Facilities. Shipments delivered to the Facilities, during the load-in period must be to the attention of the Show Management and/or Expo Decorator. Shipments delivered prior to event load-in dates will be refused.
The Charleston Area Convention Center provides accessible/disabled parking areas as well as a covered drop off area and entrances equipped with ramps and automatic doors.
- Assisted listening devices are available upon request.
- Although animals are not allowed inside of the Charleston Area Convention Center, service animals are permitted.
- Wheelchairs can be made available through show management prior to your arrival. A valid driver's license will be needed for the rental usage while attending an event in the exhibit halls.
- Once inside, the Charleston Area Convention center is equipped with an elevator for accessibility between the first and second floors.
- Sodexo Catering: (843) 744-0168
- PDA Lighting & Sound: (843) 554-3466
- PRX Exposition Services: (843) 714-2767
Request For Proposal
Convention Center Area Hotels
Locally caught grouper and group eco challenges are just two of the authentic Lowcountry experiences offered to…